Mario Lewin is a registered patent attorney and shareholder of the firm. Mario specializes in patent preparation and prosecution, appeals, and reissues. Mario also counsels clients on all aspects of patent portfolio management, including continuation practice, invention harvesting, and foreign filing strategy.
Before joining the law firm, Mario worked as an associate attorney for Meyertons, Hood, Kivlin, Kowert & Goetzel, PC, in Austin. Additionally, for two years during law school, Mario worked in the Austin office of a large Silicon Valley IP firm. As an undergraduate, Mario worked as a product and applications engineer intern at Texas Instruments in Dallas.
Mario earned a JD from the University of Texas School of Law. Before studying law, Mario earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, with Honors, from the University of Texas at Austin. Over the course of his academic training and patent career, Mario has gained experience in a variety of semiconductor and computer technologies including microprocessor architecture, digital and analog circuits, networking systems, web-based computer systems, and mixed-signal test and data acquisition devices.
- Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, Texas
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Texas School of Law (Austin, TX, 2003, J.D.)
- The University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX, 2000, B.S.E.E. (with Honors) Electrical Engineering)
- Meyertons, Hood, Kivlin, Kowert, & Goetzel (Associate Attorney, 2003-2008)
- Blakely, Sokoloff, Taylor, & Zafman (Law Clerk, 2001-2003)
- Texas Instruments (Product and Applications Engineer Intern, Summers, 1998-2000)